Friday, July 3, 2015

Summer Beauty Essentials

Summer Beauty Essentials


Ladies and gentlemen, its hotter than hades outside which must mean that it's SUMMER! Now, to avoid turning into a puddle I've compiled a list of some summer essentials that are absolutely mandatory in my house. because ya girl is big and I don't have a personal snowflurry to follow me around. 

BB Cream
I've been addicted to BB creams since the start of spring. I loooove them. I own a few different ones - but my favorite has to be the elf BB cream with SPF. Not all BB creams come with an SPF, but this one does - and it glorious. Speaking of SPF...

Sunblock
No seriously. If your foundation/BB cream doesn't have an SPF and you're going out in the sun - find a good one to put on underneath your makeup! Neutrogena has some awesome sunscreens that I absolutely love and use regularly.

Neutral Eyeshadows
My Urban Decay Naked 1 palette has been an awesome go-to this summer so far. I mean - can you really go wrong with half-baked like, ever? Probably not. My Nyx Shadow Stick in Flushed and the Maybelline color shadow tattoo shadow in Inked in Pink have also become summer staples.

Nude lipstick
Because nothing says summer like a warm bronze gold eye, a highlight on fleek, and a super natural lip. Think 'summer glow' as an inspiration. Its def the look I've been going for so far this summer. My favorites have def got to be the Nyx Butter glosses in Tiramisu and Soft matte lip cream in Tokyo. That lippie on the right is the Jordana moisturizing lip balm in Honey Love. You can tell its been well loved. (its a staple and has been living in my makeup bag/purse)

Fun bright lipstick
Contrasting the nude 'summer glow' look - when your going out at night you want to pop! My personal fav when going out has been a neutral shimmery eye look - but with a bright lip! I've been loving my Too Faced Melted Berry Lipstick for this look and my Nyx Matte lip cream in San Paulo. Both are bright pinks and my faves.

Waterproof mascara everything
Because its hot, your going to probably get sweaty. Need I say more?


Have any summer staples that I didn't list here? Let me know!

Stalk me?

8 comments:

  1. I'm totally with you on the sunblock! And yes, Neutrogena has some awesome ones!

    Beauty Isles | An Island Girl's Beauty and Lifestyle Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I went to the beach this past weekend and used Neutrogena on my face - it always does a fantastic job and even 5+ hours in the sun I'm not burnt!

      xo Jenn

      Delete
  2. You know, I go neon everything but I love this idea of the nude look with bright lipstick! <3

    http://popandclash.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Summer is always the time to go bright - but this year I'm kinda feeling more glowy vs. bright. But I gotta have my pop of color in there somewhere!

      xo Jenn

      Delete
  3. no, you can never go wrong with half baked. ;)

    brooke | brooke elise

    ReplyDelete
  4. BB creams! ♥ and I love how you stroke off the mascara for everything! ♥


    With Love,
    Anna || Curly Scribbles

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well its true! You totally need like waterproof everything, not just mascara! Haha!

      xo Jenn

      Delete
  5. Love BB cream for the summer! I just posted some summer essentials as well if you would like to check them out or follow! xoxo

    abovethebeauty.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

be sweet, <3