Wednesday, July 22, 2015

How To Wear a Leopard Dress to Work

How To Wear A Leopard Dress to Work

Wearing prints in the workplace can be one of the most difficult things - and leopard print is no exception to this fact. Recently I picked up this super cute Leopard print dress from Target for $25 and really wanted to wear it to work. So I did what every other 25 year old would do - I sat down at my computer and googled "Can I wear leopard print to work?" Now this may vary by office or building, but my office is pretty casual when it comes to a dress code. Other offices in the building have a pretty strict dress code, but since we don't meet clients face-to-face its not really necessary when we will be sitting on a computer all day making calls.
Either way, to the left is the dress that I wore. Its a super cute blousey  dress that I bought with a friend on a recent Basic Bitch Sunday trip.
Its sleeveless, has a keyhole front, is short, and has a defined waist. To make this work appropriate I accessorized with a few simple items that I already had in my closet: a black belt, cardigan, flats, cute hair bow.

The thin black belt was a staple for me. It was leather and had a tarnished bronze-gold buckle and went perfectly with the dress. I decided to wear it under the cardigan just in case I went out after work.

Black cardigan - how can you go wrong? This one had short sleeves (because it's hot) but was light and comfortable enough to wear all day.

I paired the outfit with Simply Vera Tuxedo Flats in black. I love these shoes and they have a giant black bow on them. They bring a little femininity into an outfit while keeping it comfortable. I also would of worn a pair of black gladiator sandals or some thick black strap wedges if going a little more casual or bringing the dress to a more nighttime look.

For my hair I kept it simple (and Jersey Shore), I pulled a Snookie and pulled just the front half of my hair back and pinned it in place giving myself a little bump. I then pinned a black bow from F21 and was all done!

Here are some obligatory bathroom selfies from work!
I kept the makeup pretty simple for this. Just an elf BB cream with some seriously winged liner under my glasses. I kept the lips neutral with Milani Pretty Natural lipstick and Nude Lip liner. I popped a little blush on my cheeks and that was it!

Stalk me?

4 comments:

  1. First of all, Basic Bitch Sunday sounds amazing and I want to know exactly what that entails. Secondly, love the dress, love the styling, all of it. Yay for leopard print! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Basic Bitch Sunday (BBS) is basically just a day where we go on errands, drink Starbucks, and spend too much money on Target!

      xo Jenn

      Delete
  2. You look soo classy girl, love this outfit!

    Catherine xx
    www.youwishyou.com

    ReplyDelete

be sweet, <3