Wednesday, June 24, 2015

Summer Walmart Beauty Box 2015

Summer Walmart Beauty Box 2015

This season's Beauty box was honestly kind of disappointing. One of these items I had received before and the other things were things I wasn't really a fan of. But lets get into it anyway.
So starting at the left is an NYC Liquid Lipshine Lipgloss in Rivington Rose. Which is a pretty mauvey pink color. I'll probably use to to top off other lipsticks and is a nice neutral. It sells for $2 in store.

The next thing in the box was a Clear Scalp & Hair Therapy Complete Care Shampoo. (no conditioner, just shampoo) I mean, I'll probably use it for when I go away, but otherwise the retail size shampoo is only $5 - and this was a sample.

To the right of that is the AWESOME Dove Go Fresh Body wash in mandarin and tiare flower scent. It smells amazing, and I used the sample I had previously received. A retail bottle of 22oz bottle sells for ~$5.50.

Next in the box is this St. Ives Blackhead Clearing Green Tea Scrub. It looks weird, it smells 'okay'. I've yet to see if it works, but my fiance has been having trouble with blackheads and whatnot lately so we're going to give this sample a go. Plus the other St. Ives face scrub we own works wonders on both our faces. A full size (6oz) of this stuff will cost ya $4.

Also included in this box was the Nivea Soft Moisturising Creme. I haven't used it yet so nothing to really comment about - but I've been hunting for new moisturizers so I'll give this one a go. This comes in multiple sizes but the 6.8oz one will only set ya back $4.

This box also came with a small sample of the Neutrogena CoolDry Sport sunscreen with an SPF 70. Neutrogena makes some pretty awesome sunscreens and when I'm at the beach for the 4th of July I definitely will be using this on my face. Chris and I want to go paddleboarding/kayaking again so we're gonna investigate and see where that takes us.

Last but not least is the One Direction You & I perfume. As much as it pains me to say it - it doesn't even smell that bad either. I'm glad I got a sample but I won't be purchasing the bottle unless I absolutely fall in love with it.

Not pictured is a few manufacturers coupons I got for $2 off 3 different brands of brushes and a packet sample of the Jergens Natural Glow Moisturizer for medium to Dark Skintones. (which I am not... so... what do I do with this?) 

Overall I was underwhelmed by what I got in this box. It seemed just thrown together and kind of lazy. The only thing I'm really happy for is the Dove body wash and the perfume sample. Oh well, you can't get lucky with them all! Maybe Fall will be better?

Stalk me?

No comments:

Post a Comment

be sweet, <3