Wednesday, September 3, 2014

August Favorites

August Favorites

There have been a few things that I have loved this month.

Beauty:

It may be plausible that I bought all these things on sale or were all under $10.

Rimmel London Scandaleyes Waterproof gel liner in black: To be completely honest, I'd never used a gel liner before. I bought this one while it was on sale at my local drugstore and I picked up the same version of liner in a liquid form as well. I figured "Why not try it?" Lets just say, the liquid liner still isnt even out of the package yet. I absolutely love this gel liner. I goes on so smooth and pigmented, and stays that way all day. I got it in black, and it has actually completely replaced my pencils and liquid liners for now.

e.l.f. Studio Duo Concealer/Highlighter in Light: $3.00 pricetag, and another one of those "Why not?" purchases that I've fallen in love with. I the concealer end under my foundation to lighten the areas under my eyes and when I'm really lazy to actually use it as a eye primer. Please note: I do not use this as an actual concealer to cover my blemishes, more as another highlighter. The actual highlighter I use on my nose, cupids bow, and the arches of my eyebrows. When my fiance sees me do this he calls it my war paint. Haha!

e.l.f. Mineral Infused Face Primer: I've been using this little delicious thing as my primer for my face for the whole month of August! It has an SPF of 20 in it which has seriously been helpful in this awful August heat and sun. Please note this product is silicone based. So if you don't like silicone based things on your face then I wouldn't recommend it for ya. But its worked nicely and helps my makeup go on smoothly.

Fashion:

I haven't really had any fashion pieces that I'm seriously loving this month, but I can let you know one thing that hasn't changed - my love for maxi skirts and dresses! Every time I go out I keep looking for new maxi dresses on sale and although I haven't found any new ones I'm still lovin' them. I'm particularly fond of this multi-color one that I don't currently have a picture of but will post.

Also I've been loving these seriously OLD black flip-flops that I found while I was cleaning out my apartment. They are so comfortable and easy to just slip on and off when I'm running to pick Chris up from work or to toss in my car in case of rainy days. I love wearing them with my anklets. It makes me feel like I'm a little bohemian.


Stalk me?

No comments:

Post a Comment

be sweet, <3