Tuesday, October 6, 2015

Blogging Advice: Organization

Blogging Advice: Organization

I was sitting on my office the other day (ya know, at work) and thinking about ALL that I have learned in the little over a year+ I've been blogging. One thing that I definitely didn't have a grasp on until recently is ORGANIZATION.

I have been able to organize and plan an entire month of blog posts just my keeping myself organized on on a schedule! My planner is my lifesaver. I write everything I could possibly need in it, from blog posts to chat topics (and questions) for both the #USBloggerChat and the #bdibNA. I also include other things like appointments I have to keep and deadlines for projects at work!
This is a quick sneak peek of what my planner looks like weekly!
In the back of my planner is a little 'notes' section. Which is where I write any blog post ideas down in, reminders, and any sort of list in. I do however have a completely separate notebook for this function, but still find myself writing all of these in my planner.

The reason I do all these things is because it's easier for me to write while I'm inspired. This may not be true for all people, but I feel like my best content is produced while I am super inspired to create original content for myself and my blog. I am more inclined to write better content and be inspired to take and edit photos quicker and therefore am able to schedule posts in a more timely manner.

Finally, SCHEDULE EVERYTHING. I schedule my blog tweets, my chat Q&A's, almost all blog posts, and anything else that can be scheduled. (if it can be scheduled, it will) It takes the worry out of having to remember to publish a post and then tweet said post. I know I can retrieve the post-url and then can shorten it in goo.gl - and schedule any and all tweets for the day. 

Anyway - this is part one in a monthly installment of Blogger Advice. I hope you could find this useful! Next month is already written and scheduled. ;)

Stalk me:

9 comments:

  1. organization in general has become a lifesaver for me with blogging. once you get yourself an erin condren, you won't want to go back, though. just warning ya! :D

    brooke | brooke elise

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am legit so excited about this damn planner its no joke. Chris likes the black and gold so I think I'm ordering that one. EXCITE.

      xo Jenn

      Delete
  2. Man am I glad I'm not the only one who schedules my blog Qs!! Ever since I've been using Tweetdeck it has been a big help for me (although I don't host the chats as much as you do!) that way I can try to keep up with everybody's tweets in the process and now have to worry about posting them!

    I have a daily planner but I feel like the areas to write are too small for me to get everything out so I tend just write just the title of the post on the day it goes up. I need to learn how to use it better!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I looove using tweetdeck for chats! Super useful and so easy to keep track of everything.

      The planner above has pretty large spaces to write stuff in - and it was just a $3 one from target. Maybe its just because of the type of planner you've got? I know different ones have different styles!

      xo Jenn

      Delete
  3. Organisation is key to my blog. Without my monthly planner I would be lost. Great post thank you :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I never thought I'd be lost without a planner but it makes my life so much easier than having to remember everything! I find myself remembering more now and I think its because I've taken the time to write it down in my planner.I'm glad you could find this useful! :D

      xo Jenn

      Delete
  4. i love this post Jenn,i am not very organised at all myself but reading this has opened my mind to getting some organisation where my blog is concerned! Great post,thank you xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm still working on being more organized, I think like I'm the most disorganized person ever! I really have to try scheduling posts and tweets! I'm pretty envious of your organization skills! haha :) xx

    www.thecovetbeauty.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are such great tips lovely! I definitely need to get my blogging life more organised, going to try my hand with my planner! :)

    Heather Xx
    100waysto30.co.uk

    ReplyDelete

be sweet, <3