Saturday, May 9, 2015

Spring Retreat: Naples, FL

Spring Retreat: Naples, FL


So I pretty much have a theme this week: document everything that happened last week! On May 1st, 2015 (exactly a week ago today) I graduated Florida Atlantic University with a Bachelor's degree in Computer Engineering. There were only 15 other graduates in my field with my degree, and only 1 other female. I also pretty much live-tweeted the whole ceremony, so scroll back on my twitter to see those tweets and some pictures. (yes, pictures)

Anyway that's not what this post is about  - its about the awesome weekend I had following graduation. My Grandparents asked me what I wanted to do that weekend and I immediately told them I wanted to do absolutely nothing for the next few days except lay on the beach and get a tan. Which of course meant that I wanted to head to Naples. On Friday after the ceremony and dinner at Carrabba's we started out on our 2 hour car trip to make it there.

It was a totally surreal experience because I hadn't been to Naples without having to drive myself and with just my grandparents since I was in high school. I also haven't had a chance to relax from the grind of school and work in what seemed like forever.

Either way, I finally got my long weekend to relax in the sun and watch a couple sunsets. It was a much needed vacation. 
Top left: Pool where we were staying at
Bottom left: Me at a restaurant where we got to eat on a dock right by the water
Center: Sunset Saturday night
Top right: Me on the beach for Sunset Sunday night
Bottom right: Me laying on the beach

Don't forget to enter my giveaway here:

Also: stalk me?

2 comments:

  1. Lazing around and watching the sun set is the PERFECT graduation gift. What a nice way to spend the weekend. Also, congratulations on your graduation!! :)

    x, Carina
    Running White Horses | Fashion + Travel

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! It was def the best! From running around like a crazy person to suddenly just lounging around on the beach was something I def needed and I had so much fun!

      xo Jenn

      Delete

be sweet, <3