Tuesday, May 19, 2015

No Makeup Challenge

No Makeup Challenge

So for my 100th post I decided I was going to challenge myself a little bit - and I decided to do the no makeup challenge! I didn't wear makeup for an entire 6 days (I went out yesterday with friends on a double date, so yes I wore makeup).


I took pictures almost everyday while I was completing this challenge. (okay so I forgot some days, my bad!) But I thought I'd let you guys know how it went, how I felt, and if any comments were made.

First things first: Walking into this I completely expected my office manger to say something about me not wearing makeup all week. She did - and I'll tell you more about it below.
To the left is the first day - and let me tell you, it was weird. I usually go to work with no makeup on, but that day I went the WHOLE day without makeup on. I didn't even have any moisturizer on - it was just me and my bare skin. It was a tad bit uncomfortable because I felt like everyone could see my lack of eyebrows and lashes but pressed forward - hoping that as the second day approached it wouldn't be too bad.

The second day came and went with very little comment from anyone - except my office manager. Who wondered "Why no makeup? Not even lipstick? You look so tired without it." Which I've heard before so I actually expected.


Thursday I was feeling better about myself - and actually really liked the outfit I was wearing. I was getting used to the feeling of having a bare face so I was just going with it at that point. 
The last picture is for Friday (please excuse my breasts in this photo they were feelin' themselves) and I was wearing this AMAZING pant jumpsuit. It was freakin' fierce and I loved this outfit. I was definitely feelin' myself that day and felt more comfortable and confident in my own skin.

Overall, I learned that I don't need makeup to cover up my trich or to enchance my features. My fiance still loved me, the world didn't end, and I got 20 more minutes of sleep in the morning. Maybe I should do this more often?


Stalk me?

8 comments:

  1. Im so happy for you, you look amazing! Im just NOT brave enough to do this myself haha. Although, tbh I get pleasure from wearing makeup anyway! ^__^
    This is an awesome challenge though, GO YOU!!!
    Jemma xx
    www.dorkface.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awh thank you! I was so terrified that like the world was gonna end or I was gonna be stared at like an attraction at the freakshow. But none of those things happened and the only person who said anything was my office manager - so I'll take that as a success!
      I've been experimenting with makeup like crazy since I ended the challenge though! haha!

      xo Jenn

      Delete
  2. You look just as gorgeous without!
    I think I enjoy putting mine on too much to part with it.


    Jenna
    princessparasox.wordpress.com // bloglovin'

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! :)
      I love applying my makeup - but it was nice to know that it wasn't a necessity to complete everyday. Everyone loved me anyway!

      xo Jenn

      Delete
  3. If I looked like this without makeup I'd do it every day, you look great!

    lillies and lipbalm
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankies lady! It def was a week where I concentrated on my skincare a lot more! :)

      xo Jenn

      Delete

be sweet, <3