Tuesday, March 10, 2015

I'm 25 and if I wanna build a fort I will

#responsibleadulting

I mean really, who doesn't wanna eat dinner and watch 3 episodes of Ghost Whisperer on Netflix while sitting in the fort that you and your Fiance built on a whim while dinner was cooking?

No seriously - that was my Friday night. Chris and I made a delicious dinner of baked chicken breasts in some delicious spices his Mom sent home with him the last time he went home. I also made some peas and some loaded mashed potatoes. And by "I made" I mean I bought it and put it in the microwave. Same thing?

We ate our dinner the the sanctity of our fort and afterwards he was so sleepy that he almost fell asleep! Our little butt Buster was a mainstay in the fort - but he was never in any of the pictures because he ran off as soon as I would get up to take them.
Our fort was simple in design - two spare sheets from the bed and all the pillows from the couch, living room, and a couple from the bedroom! We had a very squishy and comfortable fort. We also had to pretty much rearrange our living room to be able to build this thing and hanging sheets off your ceiling fan isn't exactly the most genius idea. But it doesn't matter - it stayed up for 3 hours and was definitely worth every minute!

This may have been one of the best Fridays in a very long time - and it didn't involve much except Netflix, my pup, and my best friend. I'm happy. Happier than I ever thought I'd be.

Stalk me?

5 comments:

  1. I used to be regularly stationed in a fort back when I was younger and you're making me think that I should probably drop some future weekend plans and do this again!

    -M
    www.violetroots.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No seriously go for it! I had such a good time it was totally worth the mess. Plus the next morning while I was cleaning it up I got a bit of a cleaning bug & my apartment ended up getting a good cleaning. It was a win/win. :D

      - Jenn

      Delete
  2. This is even more amazing than I thought when you mentioned it on twitter!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha! Yeah I definitely wasn't lying! It was more fun than I thought it was going to be!

    - Jenn

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete

be sweet, <3