Wednesday, March 4, 2015

February Favorites and Empties

February Favorites and Empties

I'm finally feeling back to normal! Well, sort've. I've still got a nasty cough and am exhausted around 2pm everyday - but I'm gonna power through! I missed an entire week of work and spent more time laying in bed and feeling terrible than I have in a very long time.

February is a short month - but I've got a couple favorites, an empty, and a new product to tell you about!

Favorites:
I've been having a very nude february and I've been obsessing over nude and neutral colors on both my eyes and lips. 

My first Beauty favorite has to be another Jordana Twist & Shine Moisturizing Balm Stain in 05 Honey Love. I've raved about these lip stains before and I still own them in 3 other shades. They are easy to pop into my makeup bag or my purse and are perfect for chapped lips.

I've also been loving the Milani lipstick in shade 43 Pretty neutral paired with their Color Statement Lipliner in shade 03 Nude. Its a really pretty color and I've been wearing it to work a lot and its an easy color to match with anything. The formulation is creamy and pigmented and I think is going to be a good neutral staple for spring.

Since I've been sick for what feels like half of the month of February so simplicity in my makeup was definitely something I was going for. This NYX shadow stick in Flushed is so simple but so very pretty. I just pop it directly onto my eyelids and finish the look off with some eyeliner and that's been the look I've been working with for most of this month.
I bought a new blush at the end of January after hearing rave reviews about it. It is seriously one of the most pigmented $1 blushes I have ever bought. I absolutely love it. Its the perfect pinky shade and I only have to use a little bit. I made the mistake of putting wayyyy too much on my brush the first time and ended up looking like a marionette doll.

My favorite game this month has definitely gotta be Cookie Clicker. I know I usually don't include games I'm playing in my favorites but I've literally been playing this game for an entire month. It is a browser game that you can just leave running and it accumulates more cookies for you. You can buy cursors to click for you or buy Grandmas to bake those delicious cookies.  My current goal is to get 200 of everything - not exactly an easy task but I'll get it eventually! I find myself coming back to work and the first thing I do is check my cookies in the morning (shhh). Its a silly game but its fun and addicting - and its perfect for my lunch hour when I'm not doing anything.

Empties:
I technically had two empties this month but forgot to keep the package. The first empty I have are the Burt's Bees Facial Cleansing Towelettes (aka makeup remover wipes). I'm going to be really honest, they were nice to remove makeup but they left my face feeling oily and greasy and I ended up finishing them just so I could get rid of them. I did not like how they smelled either - they smells kind of sweet and sometimes they would make my face burn. Just something that I know I will never find myself purchasing. I actually received these in my Walmart Beauty box awhile ago and just now got around to using them. There were only 10 wipes in this package and thank goodness because I don't know if I would've ever finished a whole package. If I receive these again I'll probably end up giving them away to a friend.

The other empty I had for the month of February was another set of Clean & Clear Night Relaxing All-in-One Wipes. I love these, I seriously think that this is my third repurchase of this particular item. I love how they smell, and they take my makeup (no matter how caked on) off in a single simple swipe. My liquid liner may take a swipe or two, but thats to be expected. It leaves me face feeling refreshed and not feeling half as oily as the Burts Bees wipes. Either way, will probably be repurchasing these until the end of time. (or until they quit carrying them, then I will probably cry)

New Products I'm trying this month:I am determined to be ahead this month on my BB cream game. So I'm going to be trying out this new NYC BB Creme. I bought it in the shade 01 Light (also because that was the only one my Walmart had). It is supposed to be a 5-in-1 BB cream that helps protect your skin with an SPF, has a pore minimizer, erase skin imperfections and minimize fine lines,  as well as smooth and brighten your skin. I don't know if it does all these things but so far I've been liking it. It kind of has the consistency of a sunscreen but it doesn't have any kind of pungent smell and makes my face look dewy and fresh. I prefer a more matte look usually but for the spring I think I'm going to be slowly transitioning to a more dewy finish so that I can look fresh (and young). The only issue I'm having right now is that it never feels like its completely dry on my skin (hence the sunscreen feeling). But I don't know if thats just me or if its something with the product. Either way - you'll be hearing about it in a review soon!
Stalk me?




2 comments:

  1. I'm glad to hear that you're feeling better sweetie! I have to photograph my empties sometime this week and I'm really dreading the task...I always seem to have so many and it's worse this month because I had so many almost empties bottles which I recently finished. :/

    Beauty Isles | An Island Girl's Beauty and Lifestyle Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! You always have so many samples that it doesn't surprise me that you have a ton of empties. I always just throw out my empties because its just habit but I remembered one thing finally! I'm gonna need an "empties basket" for my things next time!

      -Jenn

      Delete

be sweet, <3