Tuesday, February 3, 2015

New Recipe: Easy Roast Chicken (Update)

New Recipe: Easy Roast Chicken (Update)

Hey guys! Remember that recipe I posted approx. 2 weeks ago? Ya know, This one.
See I'm glad you remembered! But I actually cooked it this past weekend, and I wanted to give you guys an update on the end results!

Yes, I did actually cook this.

The prep overall was pretty easy - unfreeze chicken boobies (because I didn't want to cook a whole chicken) - preheat oven - toss together the sauce - put in oven for 50mins. Done.

So this the the prepped result:


Lets note some changes I made to the recipe: For onesies I doubled the marinade. I also used bone in chicken breasts. This type of chicken is preferred in my house so it was a simple decision. I also used a lot of green onion. I prefer it, I cook with it a lot, and it gave the chicken more green color because my local grocery had no fresh parsley. (it was late by the time I got there) Otherwise, the recipe was literally the same.

-- approx 50 mins later --
Ta daaaaa! *ding*
It looked absolutely delicious - and trust me, it was. The chicken was cooked perfectly and was moist but so very tender at the same time. 
The skin and the marinade gave the chicken and delicious flavoring and it wasn't too much or too little. It was just the right amount for the monster sized chicken breasts that I had purchased. (literally this was the only one there and they was ridiculously big)

As a side dish I ended up making yellow rice. Originally I was going to make mac and cheese, but yellow rice was much simpler and I could leave it cook during the last 20mins while I was prepping the table and getting everything ready for dinner.

Things I would do differently:
Next time I would like to actually try the parsley on the chicken - I'll just have to go to the store earlier in the day before the parsley all gets bought! I also would like to try this with the chicken marinating overnight and then cooking it the next day. While the skin and everything touching the marinade tasted good - the chicken itself hadn't soaked up much flavor. So it still tasted like regular old white chicken meat.

Overall I would count this recipe a success. The boys seriously enjoyed it and so did I. I will definitely be making this again - probably in the near future!

Did you guys try this recipe? Or were you waiting to see how it came out for me?
Check out the recipe right here on the blog. Let me know if you try it out and how it goes!

Stalk me?

2 comments:

  1. I love recipe post and I must say the chicken looks absolutely delicious! Thank you for the link to the recipe, I'll be checking it out to try soon. xx

    Shireen | Reflection of Sanity

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad you like it! I hope to see what your results looked like as well! :)

    ReplyDelete

be sweet, <3