Friday, May 13, 2016

Time To Get Back on The Wagon!

Weight Loss Journey Part 12402

It's absolutely no secret that I've struggled with my weight for most of my life. I was always the chunky kid all through school - and even when I was at my thinnest I was still considered the 'big' girl. I attribute that to my body type, which is half mack truck half lady bits. 

Either way, when I started this blog I had started another weight loss journey and brought you guys along the way. My goal was to lose 30lbs by my cousin's wedding in which I was a bridesmaid. I was unsuccessful is losing the full 30lbs - but I did lose about 25! I felt great, I had more energy than ever, and I was eating on a schedule that kept me from getting too hungry everyday.

Things fell to shit after the wedding though, stress from my final year at school, sorority responsibilities, adult responsibilities, and the holidays (ugh) made it all seemingly impossible to keep on track. So I fell off the wagon - hard.


I had used all that motivation from losing weight before into graduating and my studies/work and ended up gaining weight - a LOT of weight. When I finally graduated - I had gained 20 lbs back. I never picked my old regime back up, and after graduation is this weird floaty time where you really have no idea what to do with your time anymore. Before it was filled with assignments and projects and whatnot and now I just played video games and ate.

Fast forward to about 2 months ago - I got on the scale and it told me I weighed a whopping 201lbs! I had never ever ever weighed that much in my life. I knew I had to get my eating under control but I didn't have the motivation. As a cruel twist of fate, I ended up getting really sick. Which turned all of April '16 into a whirlwind of doctors appointments and eventually a trip to the surgeon.

Ever since I got sick the first time though - I've been carefully watching what I've been eating. Before I had even made it to the surgeon I had lost 10 lbs - and now post-op I'm down 5 more lbs (it's kinda cheating though because I got an organ removed). I've now found that motivation again and am rigorous in my daily food journal and making healthier choices for myself. 

I feel better now - and although I'm still exhausted, I know it's not because I've made bad food choices that did nothing for my body. I'm still only 3 weeks post-op, and although I can go back to eating spicy and fried foods I think I'll avoid them until I'm ready.

Anyway, I'm not doing this to fit in smaller clothes. Because the clothes I've got right now are just as damn good as the ones in smaller sizes. I've got to do this for my health - because taking control of my eating and being smarter and more educated about what I eat is what's best for me and my health. And I'm going to bring you guys along - again!


No comments:

Post a Comment

be sweet, <3