Tuesday, November 11, 2014

Transformation Tuesday

Transformation Tuesday

This isn't a post about my weight or where I started and where I'm at now, its a post about how makeup transforms me into a fabulous sorority girl.

Plus I really liked how my eyemakeup came out the other day.

To the right is a image of me, one half of my face has makeup on, the other half has none. My bare face isn't something that I'm always confident in because of my trichotillomania, but there are days where my skin needs to breathe and I have to face the world.

Tonight was not one of those nights.
I had a important sorority event in where I needed to dress and look business professional.


To be honest its amazing what a little makeup can do. It makes me feel like I can transform into this strong, confident leader when in reality I'm just a woman who wants to sit at home with her dog, watch Scooby Doo on netflix, and eat lots of takeout Chinese.


This was the finished eyeshadow look.












I really wanted to try a new essence brand eyeshadow I had picked up in this awesome silver color, and I complimented it with some Ulta eyeshadow in Galaxy. The one thing that kind of peeves me about this essence eyeshadow is that is seriously so glittery in the packaging to make it look more glittery and happy and whatever, but once you get past that glitter layer its a pretty awesome, pigmented, and almost creamy eyeshadow. I was a bit disappointed in the Ulta shadow though, it was barely pigmented and I felt like I had to pile it on in order to get any kind of color payoff.


I did end up wearing just a nude lipgloss, and for the outfit I wore a grey sparkly wrap dress with some black suede boots.Very fall, almost very Christmasy. My hair was wrapped up into a simple messy but controlled bun, and I'll have to do an OOTD for that outfit and this look one of these days. But for now, a description will do.

I particularly liked this makeup look because it worked well with my glasses, which I have been wearing more often.


This look was achieved using:
Essence eyeshadow in Starlight.
Ulta eyeshadow in Galaxy.
Urban Decay Eyelid Primer
L'Oreal True Match Foundation
elf Studio Duo Concealer/Highlighter
Covergirl TruBlend Pressed Powder in Light
NYC Smooth Skin Bronzing face powder in Sunny
elf Eyebrow Kit in Medium
elf Studio HD Undereye Setting Powder
Maybelline Fit Me Blush in Medium Pink

Stalk me?

1 comment:

be sweet, <3