Wednesday, November 5, 2014

October 2014 Favorites!

October Favorites

This month I haven't really been trying anything that new makeup wise, but I did pick up a few things for my Halloween costume. These are the things I picked up for Halloween plus a few other things I've been really liking this month.

Please excuse the terrible lighting, time change is killing me.
Nyx Cosmetics Simply Vamp Lip Cream in Aphrodisiac.

P.S. The name of this lip cream is spelled wrong on their website, they call it Ahrodisiac.

I picked this up to wear with my Halloween costume, and honestly I find it transitioning nicely into my Fall wardrobe as well. I went away this past weekend for my cousins wedding (which you will get a full post about so don't fret) and took this along with me for the more informal nights. I find it to almost be a shade of brown on me, but I honestly like it. I don't know, transitioning to Fall is hard when you live in sunny south FL. Its a seriously creamy lip color, has lots of pigmentation, and has an average staying power. Like every lipstick it comes off on everything, but at some point you come to expect it so just tote it around with you like I do.

Ulta Color Pure Eyeshadow in 3 different Shades: Mesa, Olive, and Riveria.
This was, once again originally purchased as a piece of my Halloween costume (and they were on sale like 3 for $9 when they are usually $10 each!). These are loose powder eyeshadows, and can get messy. But the pigmentation they give is totally worth it! Olive is (you guessed it) an olive green, Riveria can best be described as a bronzey rust color, and Mesa is a light peachy-gold. For Halloween I used the Olive color all over my lid, worked Riveria into my crease, and then used Mesa to top it all off and highlight/etc. This was a dramatic and definitely not and everyday look, but I find myself reaching for just the Mesa color for a fresh daytime look. Thats not too heavy but makes me look awake and like I might actually be able to function for the day.

Nyx Soft Matte Lip Cream in San Paulo.
Leaving with San Paulo on my lips!
Its pink, its soft, it stays forever, its matte, and easy to apply. What more could a girl want in a lip cream? To be honest, I'm not sure. I've been loving this color and this lip cream ALL MONTH. I want another one but I can't find any in shades that I'm in LOVE with. I'm trying to find some darker matte shades that aren't so vampy, but if I have to go vamp well I will.

The only thing left in this months favorites is
elf High Definition Undereye Setting Powder.
I looked for this little powder for like, forever at my local Target. I saw it one trip, I immediately picked it up, and I've been in love. My only qualm with it is that its got a little too much shimmer. I really like a matte face (as seen to the right, haha) and sometimes shimmer just isn't my thing. Other times though, I may as well be rolling around in glitter. I love to use it as it does what its supposed to and it brightens my face and helps cover the massive bags I've got developing under my eyes.

Overall, I don't have too many things but its been an amazing month of October and an amazing beginning to November. Lets hope for another amazing month!

See you later, Space Cowboy~

No comments:

Post a Comment

be sweet, <3