Friday, August 5, 2016

5 Tips for a Successful Vacation

5 Tips for a Successful Vacation


I'm terrible at disconnecting and stepping away from work when I'm supposed to be 'On Vacation'. I'm getting better as I get older - but here are a few tips from a seriously Type A personality to help you LET GO and ENJOY your vacation.

Don't Over-Plan it:
This is my problem - I have a tendency to wayyyyy over plan things. Leave yourself enough wiggle room that if something fun & spontaneous happens you can do it - but also leave yourself room just in case something doesn't go exactly to plan. There's no point in being stressed out over little things when you are supposed to be on vacation!

Don't Under-Plan it:
Okay - contrary to what I said above, at least plan SOMETHING. Having a rough daily plan helps your day have a purpose. I mean even lazy vacation days have a simple daily plan!

Don't Be Afraid to do Things Spontaneously:
Yes, it may throw you off schedule. Yes, it may not be what you wanted to do. But guess what - life happens! Don't let potentially awesome experiences pass you by!

Step Away from Work:
No seriously - unsync your work email, and log out of all work accounts. Tell your boss and coworkers you'll be unavailable and you won't have access to a computer and phone service will be limited. It may be a lie - but my boss has a tendency to pester me while I'm on vacation/sick and I always feel some sense of duty to find a way to make it happen. Don't forget the word 'No' exists.

Don't Bring your Emotional Baggage at Home with You:
You are specifically on vacation to get away  from the everyday stressors and baggage that you carry with you. You can be the best and happiest version of yourself when on vacation - so do it! 

1 comment:

  1. I love these tips! I am terrible with unplugging myself away from work when I travel so I need to work on that. I am such a planner so being spontaneous is something I find difficult to do but I am planning to be a bit more spontaneous on my next trip. Thanks for the inspiration!

    ~Crissy
    www.whimsicalfawn.com

    ReplyDelete

be sweet, <3